Origin Energy – Various
JEI are the preferred electrical and instrumentation contractor to Origin Energy’s Mt Stuart Power Station and perform all of the sites Electrical projects and maintenance. We have completed project and shutdown works for various other Origin sites throughout QLD.
In the past 4 years, JEI has successfully completed more than $0.9M in works for Origin without any lost time safety incidents. One of the most notable projects was the $180k turbine outage works for the Origin Dalby Power Station. This project was bid and won by JEI as a lump sum contract. JEI were engaged to complete the electrical, instrumentation and hazardous area works for the turbine and associated packages. JEI completed the works well ahead of schedule and were subsequently able to offer the client a 17% reduction on the total invoice. The Origin Outage Team were so impressed with the services provided, they are in the process of upgrading JEI’s Prequalification from Tier 3 to a Tier 2 contractor, and have requested JEI price the next scheduled outage which is anticipated to be in the order of $600-700K.
Typical works undertaken have consisted of:
- Installation of cable ladder and conduits.
- Install and terminate electrical and instrumentation equipment (VVFD’s, HV and LV drives, instrumentation, and various process skids.
- Carry out process and compressed air tubing for instrumentation and valves.
- Instrumentation calibrations.
- Carry out all loop checks and commissioning.
- Hazardous Area equipment installation, maintenance and verifications.
- PLC/Scada programming (Allen Bradley / Citect)