Holcim Concrete – QLD and NT
JEI are the preferred electrical and instrumentation contractor to Holcim’s Concrete Batch Plants throughout North and Far North QLD. JEI perform all of the sites Electrical projects and maintenance. We have completed project works for Holcim throughout Queensland and the Northern Territory.
In the past 5 years, JEI has successfully completed more than $2M in works for Holcim without any lost time safety incidents. One of the most notable projects was the $545k project for Rockhampton Concrete Batch Plant water treatment upgrade. This project was bid and won by JEI as a fixed price, lump sum contract. JEI were engaged to complete the full scope of this works which included engaging civil and structural subcontractors as well as self-performing the Electrical, Mechanical and Piping packages.
The works undertaken consisted of:
- Installation of cable ladder and conduits.
- Install and terminate electrical and instrumentation equipment (motors, pumps, general light and power).
- Carry out process and compressed air tubing for instrumentation and valves.
- Installation of concrete washout pits and water reclamation structures.
- Installation of HDPE, SS and PVC process piping.
- Installation of new batching control system.
- Carry out all loop checks and commissioning.